We are looking for an energetic marketer with a focus on Customer Relationship Management and Email Marketing. You will define strategy and manage campaigns associated with driving high customer LTV. You will brief and execute outstanding campaigns that engage and retain our base. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of E-Commerce you will also be tasked with retention tactics, customer loyalty, and driving traffic and sales through email and other means of direct communication with our customers.
About Our Dream Candidate
You’re passionate about customers and driving loyalty for the Ursa Major brand. You thrive on having a meaningful and measurable business impact. You are data-driven and diving into the analytics is your favorite part of the day. Contributing real, meaningful growth in a small but fast-paced startup environment appeals to you. You’re confident and have an entrepreneurial approach to your role. You’re awesome at balancing strategy with real-world execution and you never lose sight of the details that matter. You have a passion (or curiosity!) for natural skincare and are excited to spread the word about our mission.
Core Email Marketing Responsibilities
- - Create and execute a strategy that drives traffic and revenue via our email channel including marketing emails and automated emails.
- - Manage all concepting, briefing, setup and execution for our email programs.
- - Act as the primary point of contact for our email service provider and work to leverage the most benefit from the tool possible.
- - Define and optimize audiences, subject lines, email copy, and landing pages to drive strong open rates, click through and conversion for emails based on data and insights.
- - Report on email performance by sharing meaningful and actionable data on a weekly and monthly basis
- - Deliver against channel targets including but not limited to email list growth (subscribes / unsubscribes / lapsed), engagement (opens / CTR / conversion) and revenue (channel / per subscriber)
Core CRM Responsibilities
- - Spearhead all CRM efforts within the company.
- - Continually test, collect and analyze data, and identify trends and insights in order to maximize subscription, customer LTV, retention, repeat purchase.
- - Deliver against CRM targets including but not limited to retention, LTV, repeat purchase and referral.
- - Identify opportunities and work collaboratively with peers and leadership to understand and optimize against LTV targets and repeat purchase goals for long-term sustainable business growth.
- - Analyze and report out on CRM KPIs.
- - Understand the Ursa Major brand DNA to help inform your approach to retention and customer loyalty.
- - Approach everything with a customer-first mentality.
- - Proven success managing an email marketing program, CRM program or other data-driven marketing program.
- - Hands on experience driving email subscription, retention and / or repeat purchase.
- - Klaviyo experience or similar ESP required. Familiarity with marketing automation a plus.
- - Working knowledge of LTV optimization and the role it plays in CRM.
- - Experience with a loyalty or rewards program preferable.
- - Basic understanding of HTML, CSS and the Shopify E-Commerce Platform a plus.
- - 3-5 years of relevant work experience required.
What you’ll love about working at Ursa Major:
- - Competitive compensation, plus equity
- - Health benefits and paid parental leave
- - Generous vacation time plus 2 Epic Days yearly
- - Dog friendly office
- - Monthly team lunches and a kitchen stocked with snacks + local brews
- - Quarterly team outings
- - Work hard, play hard crew (we play cornhole, and we play to win)
- - Ursa Major products - of course!