We’re looking for a Manager of Creative Operations and Brand Marketing with a passion for brand strategy, voice, and implementation. The Manager of Creative Operations and Brand Marketing will own and champion Ursa Major’s evolving brand strategy, working cross-functionally to ensure that the team is in-the-know, inspired and enabled to activate on their channels. They will partner with stakeholders to develop briefs that meet brand and performance goals and work with our creative team to bring ideas to life. They will also oversee and run all of our creative operations, ensuring design resources are used efficiently, approvals are completed, deadlines are met and all collaborators are aligned to a common goal.
- - Brand manager - own and champion U/M’s evolving brand strategy; oversee implementation of brand strategy and visual/voice guidelines across all touchpoints (packaging, collateral, email, social, wholesale web sites, etc) for maximum resonance and impact
- - Own and oversee communications strategy & implementation, including crafting a powerful content marketing strategy and driving the marketing calendar (content pillars, content planning, etc).
- - Partner with channel leaders and marketing team to strengthen and clarify go-to-market strategy and requirements for success - and then work with our creative team to bring assets, marketing campaigns, etc. to life in a powerful way that’s on brief and fit-for-purpose/channel
- - Email & SMS - partnering with Retention Manager, develop briefs for weekly email campaigns and then work with our copy and creative team to deliver email and SMS campaigns that meet brand and performance goals. Partner with outside agency to oversee creative and copy for all automated email flows.
- - Oversee and run our creative operations, including: Field, refine & execute on briefs/requests coming in from channels and marketing team. Manage our small but mighty in-house creative team (designer, creative producer/photographer, social media & community manager) - oversee work plans, capacity planning, provide brand/creative feedback & guidance, etc. Synchronize team efforts across channels for maximum alignment, efficiency and synergies. Prep and run weekly creative weekly meeting with founders
- - Partner w/ product marketing and product development teams on new product launches (positioning, creative...), marketing campaigns, etc. with an eye to maximizing launch success
- - Participate in annual marketing planning process
- - Marketing operations - ensure that our team is using the right mix of tools and process for maximum efficiency. Ensure that key tools/files are kept up to date, are readily accessible, etc.
- - If of interest and in applicant's wheelhouse, opportunity to do some copywriting & editing… e.g. draft/edit copy for emails, collateral, product copy, etc. and work with freelance writers to source same when appropriate
- - 3-7 years of similar CPG experience in brand marketing/email marketing/creative operations (bonus if have experience at clean skincare brand)
- - Experience managing/guiding a small team
- - Strong mix of brand, marketing, communications and operations/project management skills and experience
- - Very organized, methodical and detail-oriented
- - Ability to bring calm and clarity to complex (and sometimes stressful) situations
- - Ambidextrous player who has a mix of left and right brain thinking and can work seamlessly across many fronts
- - Team player with a positive, can-do-it attitude
What you’ll love about working at Ursa Major:
- - Competitive compensation, plus equity
- - Health benefits and paid parental leave
- - Carbon Offsets for employee commutes
- - Generous vacation time plus 2 Epic Days yearly
- - Dog friendly office
- - Monthly team lunches and a kitchen stocked with snacks + local brews
- - Quarterly team outings
- - Ursa Major products - of course!