We're looking for a passionate and savvy social media manager to grow and strengthen our organic social channels. This is an exciting opportunity where you will have your hands on everything from content creation to follower growth and community engagement. This role will have a primary focus on Instagram but will also oversee Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Youtube. We expect this person to have curiosity and a point of view on new and emerging social platforms. This person will have demonstrable abilities in platform-relevant content creation while also having a desire to craft an overarching social strategy. The position is based in our office in beautiful Waterbury, Vermont.
About Our Dream Candidate
You’re passionate about storytelling and brand-building through social media and love creating and curating effective social content. You have a strong work ethic and love to roll your sleeves up and make it happen. You’re awesome at balancing strategy with real-world execution. Creative to the core, you have an eye for amazing social content but you know how to back that with data and analytics. You’re confident and have an entrepreneurial approach to your role. You have a passion (or curiosity!) for natural skincare and are excited to spread the word about our mission.
- - Translate the Ursa Major brand DNA into informative, engaging, platform-relevant social content.
- - Create and maintain a social media calendar for all posting while aligning activity to the wider marketing calendar.
- - Set our organic social media strategy and ensure it’s appropriately differentiated across platforms.
- - Seek buy-in from peers and leaders across the organization to gain consensus around effective social strategy.
- - Source relevant user generated content and source/create original content for use on our social channels.
- - Increase follower count and engagement across social platforms by building an authentic community of brand enthusiasts.
- - Moderate and respond to customer comments and direct messages.
- - Cultivate, build, and manage our network of organic and paid influencers.
- - Differentiate influencers from ambassadors and collaborate with the wider marketing team on ambassador strategy, selection, and content.
- - Act as an expert in your area by staying up to date on relevant social platform changes (algorithm changes, new functionality, etc.) and ensure you leverage opportunities and future proof against change.
- - Find on-brand, authentic ways to promote our products and website via our social presence.
- - Report out on channel performance by sharing meaningful and actionable data on a weekly and monthly basis.
- - A proven track record growing organic followers on a social media platform, ideally Instagram.
- - Intermediate graphic design, basic video editing, and advanced photography skills for the purpose of social media content creation required as this role will be responsible for content creation for all social channels.
- - Experience managing a network of influencers.
- - The ability to create platform-specific visual and written content including all Instagram feed posts and stories.
- - Expert-level aptitude with the overall Facebook Platform.
- - Understanding of content strategy as it pertains to organic social growth and brand representation in the social media space.
- - Previous experience in Beauty or Skincare (or premium branded consumer goods) a plus.
- - A minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience.
What you’ll love about working at Ursa Major:
- - Competitive compensation, plus equity
- - Health benefits and paid parental leave
- - Generous vacation time plus 2 Epic Days yearly
- - Dog friendly office
- - Monthly team lunches and a kitchen stocked with snacks + local brews
- - Quarterly team outings
- - Work hard, play hard crew (we play cornhole, and we play to win)
- - Ursa Major products - of course!